Chinese New Year is celebrated in Canada by Canadians of Chinese and East Asian origins. Events are held in cities and towns across the country, including Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, and Halifax. Celebrations often include traditional Chinese dances, martial arts demonstrations, cultural performances, parades, and sumptuous Chinese new year foods and dishes. Chinese New Year celebrations in Canada typically take place in the days leading up to and during the Lunar New Year, which falls on a different day each year. Like this year, Chinese new year will fall on 22nd January, 2023.
1. Foods for Chinese New Year
- Dumplings (Jiaozi): Dumplings are a traditional Chinese New Year food, symbolizing wealth in the New Year.
- Nian Gao: Nian Gao is a cake made from glutinous rice flour and is a symbol of prosperity.
- Spring Rolls: Spring rolls are a popular snack eaten during the Chinese New Year.
- Fish: Fish is an important symbol of abundance and prosperity in Chinese culture.
- Steamed Chicken: Steamed chicken is a symbol of good luck and is served during Chinese New Year.
- Hot Pot: Hot pot is another popular dish served during the Chinese New Year.
- Rice Cake: Rice cake is a traditional Chinese New Year food and is a symbol of good luck.
- Braised Sea Cucumber: Braised sea cucumber is a symbol of prosperity and is often served during the Chinese New Year.
- Longevity Noodles: Longevity noodles are a symbol of a long life and are often served during the Chinese New Year.
2. The Popularity of Chinese Cuisine in Ontario
Chinese restaurants and Chinese cuisine have become increasingly popular in Ontario over the last decade. The popularity of Chinese cuisine has been driven by an influx of Chinese immigrants to the province, as well as more Canadians becoming interested in the cuisine. Additionally, the rise of food delivery services, such as SkipTheDishes, has made it easier for people to order Chinese food from their favorite restaurants. Chinese restaurants have also become more creative, offering unique dishes and catering to a wider range of tastes. As a result, Chinese food is now a popular choice for takeout and dine-in meals.
3. Bulk Wholesale Traditional Chinese Ingredients
To bring out the right kind of flavors and the authenticity of taste, it is essential that either households or restaurants, they use traditional and oriental Chinese sauces, spices and ingredients. They are oriental spices and have complex dense flavors to bring out the right kind of flavor in dishes. A1 Cash and Carry provides in-location shopping as well as online store where Chinese restaurants can shop wholesale bulk Chinese supplies including, but not limited to: